(I Also Write Children's Books!)

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cades Cove

Okay, so, I thought this was supposed to be a secret.  Apparently it's not.

There's this author.  His name is Aiden James, and his books are pretty popular, but apparently he's got too many irons in the fire.  My publisher made a deal with him.  They would find a co-writer to help with the next book in the Cades Cove horror series.

That turned out to be me.

So that's what I've been doing, and why there haven't been neat story updates here or anywhere else.  I'm writing book three of the Cades Cove series, and it's over half done now - I think.  It can be hard to tell how complete a book is, since I often get more inspired as the book goes along.  That's certainly happening here.

Getting into the head of the central character has been so important to my writing in general, working with someone else's main character has been a huge challenge.  I'm also highly resistant to things other people think of as horror.  They usually make me laugh.  As the book goes on I get to introduce more of the weird and pretty things I enjoy and slowly crank up the tension, but I'm going to have to hand this one to my editor and hope it's what they wanted!

As soon as it's done.  writewritewritewrite

No comments:

Post a Comment