(I Also Write Children's Books!)

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Gifts For Your Good Intentions

I know the contest thing is pretty crazy.  The biggest problem is that my reach in direct communication with fans is tiny, and not many people will be in a position to do anything.  But for those who donate their time and effort, rest assured, I will be putting a considerable time and effort - possibly thousands of dollars worth - into making a story to reward you.

ICKY CAPITALISM OUT OF THE WAY.

Check it, fan art!  Someone paid an artist (Jonas) to draw the Inscrutable Machine!  Twitter link in the picture.

https://twitter.com/artofjonas/status/881975164958785536

Even more fan art!  I'm not sure if this technically counts.  An artist (Mari) was drawing stuff, and asked for suggestions, and liked Bray's description!  Again, Twitter link in picture.  ATTRIBUTE YOUR ART, CHILDREN.

https://twitter.com/dormimir/status/881032271926484996

I take no responsibility for adult art that might or might not appear on either account.  I am linking because that is what you do to not be a poopy head to artists.

Okay, one more thing.

I have, as you know, pondered how much  I can preview the next book without ruinous spoilers.  I have decided to give you this chapter.  It introduces Gerty Goat, is fun, and contains hints rather than anything definite about anything that happens.

Gerty Goat Visits Happy Days Toys For Children

 Read or do not read, as suits you!  Dropbox sucks these days, so the link might be weird.

24 comments:

  1. That is just too brilliant, and has reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask. Is Ampexia any relation to Bismuth? Certainly too young to be the mentioned daughter, but a similar family gift for music related inventions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ampexia is not related to Bismuth! At the time of this story, I believe Bismuth's daughter Glamazon is cryogenically frozen.

      Ampexia's mother is in I Did Not Give That Spider Superhuman Intelligence. She had Ampexia late.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A correction: Was that ending paying homage to Alan Nut's Camp Grenada song?

      Delete
    2. It was! I wasn't sure how many would recognize it, given the age of the reference.

      Delete
    3. It is so perfect, it left me laughing so hard that people were staring at me!
      Ha! The Weapon of Mass Friendship for the win!

      Delete
    4. I just wanted to let you know, that I have shared this sample with my young-one, and the response was essentially the same - two of us beginning to reread the first four books, and on tender-hooks for the next book....

      Delete
  3. By the way I was that someone =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the chapter. Supervillain camp huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to pick a sample that provides only useless hints in terms of spoilers. With any luck, all you REALLY know from this sample is that Penny does not immediately get her body and life back. I doubt many people expected her to!

      Delete
    2. Mr. Roberts, I have to ask - will there be any information from Claire?
      An exceptional character, and I a truly curious about her point-of-view.

      Delete
    3. If it's the same Gerty that Penny modified with a bad penny, then, no, still not a spoiler.

      Delete
  5. When will the book be out its killing me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any update on the new audible book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still eagerly awaiting the audio book, any idea how much longer that will be?

    ReplyDelete
  9. For those asking about the audiobook: My guess is that it will be released on Halloween.

    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1515966003/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_twi_aud_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1502916425&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Relatively new reader here. I'm all caught up... when's this new book scheduled for?

    Grety Goat is making me so happy. When will I get the pieces that fill in all the questions this sample raised?!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Soch. I believe the author is deep in his writing trance. He may not emerge for several months yet. Welcome to supervillainy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warm welcome!

      I wouldn't ask him to emerge for anything beyond the necessities of life that will keep the trance going long-term, obviously. ;)

      Delete
  12. Its a great experience to read this post...It such a thoughtful post.... Thanks for share with us
    Intraday Tips Free Trial

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete