(I Also Write Children's Books!)

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Still In Limbo

I'm... well, it would be unprofessional to say exactly what's going on, but my publisher hasn't given me my rights back.  I want to try and get the Supervillain books a new publisher as fast as possible, definitely.  I'm not 100% sure who would want to pick up a book series that had a previous publisher, but on the other hand it's a proven seller.

While I fight with that, do you guys want chapter four?  It needs a lot of clean-up, but if I don't post while I'm thinking about it, I never post.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo! Yes, yes, more story! I know you're not the first author in this situation, there's got to be some good advice out there somewhere. I know Sharon Lee & Steve Miller ended up with Baen only after many a trial & tribulation. I wish I could magically fix everything & make Baen take you: most of my other favorite authors are there. Meanwhile, post, post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really, really want to read this entire book, in case you're wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The important thing is to get the rights back ASAP. That way even if no new publisher wants it, you can publish them independently. However I don't think it will come to that. The Supervillain books have a good track record so someone will take a chance on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, missed the first part of this. So sorry this is happening to one f my favorite storytellers.

    ReplyDelete